“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,”
Today’s verses talk about a prophecy of the prophet Isaiah concerning Jesus, who is the Messiah or the anointed one who was to come (Luke 4:16-21, Matthew 16:16). The prophet Isaiah speaks of the Spirit of the Lord upon Jesus to heal the damages that sin brings.
Sin is so destructive that it shouldn’t be played with. In fact, Jesus had to die on the cross because of our sins. Nevertheless, no matter how devastating the effects of sin have been affecting someone’s life, if he/she turns to Jesus, Jesus is able to bring restoration. He still heals the brokenhearted, sets free from addictions, heals sicknesses, gives grace to be saved and to become more like Him.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Lord, we ask you to shield all doctors, nurses, first responders and vulnerable people from contracting COVID-19.