nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”
Jesus confronting the Pharisees lets them know that the present kingdom of God can’t be observed or detected by visible signs, in a way that people will say, ‘here it is’ or ‘It’s over there!’ For the Kingdom of God was already in their midst. Jesus the King was already among them.
The unobservable or spiritual kingdom of God is still in our midst today, it exists in the hearts of all those in whom Jesus the King lives and rules (John 14:17, 23). What a privilege to have the King of kings, the Lord of lords and creator of the universe living in us (Christians). We should be grateful to God for such a privilege.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.