“For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign Lord will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.”
In today’s verse, Isaiah’s prophecy conveys that the promises of God to His people are as sure as the laws of nature (He created). He will cause righteousness and praise to spring fourth before all the nations.
As Christians, our righteousness comes from God. Jesus is our righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30). Without Jesus, it is impossible to be saved and be right before God, for our own righteousness is nothing but filthy rag. On the cross, Jesus took our sins and gave us His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21).
We should continually praise the Lord who made us righteous through Jesus Christ.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Lord we ask you to shield the world from panic and despair as Your Church boldly proclaims the good news of Jesus Christ. In this uncertain time, may people find true comfort and peace in their souls as they call upon Your Name.