“Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.”
The law of sowing and reaping is very much part of our daily lives. In order to reap good things, we need to sow good things as well. And sometimes, sowing is accompanied with tears. As Christians, for example when we fight the good fight of faith or suffer for Christ’s sake, we are sowing in tears. We should be encouraged to persevere in sowing what pleases the Lord, even if it is with weeping. For we know assuredly that, reaping will come with songs of joy.
“Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray this prayer throughout the day, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).