“My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name.”
In today’s verse we read about Mary’s song of praise to the Lord. Mary magnifies the Lord God her Savior. She acknowledges the goodness and the greatness of God. She realizes how blessed, privileged she is to have been chosen by God to bring forth the Messiah of Israel, Jesus Christ the Savior of world.
Like Mary, we also experience the goodness of God in our life. It would be a great mistake to take for granted the good things that the Lord does in our life or to take credit for them. For all good things we have, it is by the grace of God, so we can never boast (1 Corinthians 4:7).
Let us always have an attitude of praise and thanksgiving towards God, for He is good and and His love endures forever (Psalms 136:1).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Today, take a moment, wherever you are, to ASK God to move in your life: Share what’s on your heart, asking God to provide, protect and encourage you.