16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”
The Advent and Christmas season are filled with symbolisms. One of them is the wreath, traditionally constructed of evergreens (representing everlasting life brought through Jesus, in the midst of winter and death as the evergreen is continuously green) and circular shaped (reminding us of God’s unending love and the eternal life He makes possible).
To read about Nathan’s prophetic words to King David in this passage and recognize the direct fulfillment of the prophesy through Solomon, David’s immediate successor, but also through Christ, through whom God’s kingdom is stablished forever, helps us to not forget that we can put our trust in the One who fulfills His Promises!
(…)“faith” refers to “trust in God.” It involves trusting in the future promises of God and waiting for their fulfillment. – R.C. Sproul
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Today, take a moment, wherever you are, to REJOICE in God’s goodness: Read a Bible passage or listen to a song that helps you to connect with God.