Bold and willful, they do not tremble as they blaspheme the glorious ones, 11 whereas angels, though greater in might and power, do not pronounce a blasphemous judgment against them before the Lord.
The “bold and arrogant” ones are the false teachers. They manipulate the vulnerable to take their money and seek sexual favors from those who receive their “spiritual teaching”. They think that they are “untouchable” and deny the power of the demonic in their actions. Even angels have a healthy respect for the powers of darkness. We don’t have to be afraid of the powers of darkness but neither should we be so “bold and arrogant” as to think they don’t exist or that what we do doesn’t matter.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray through your contacts! Open the contacts on your phone and pray for everyone under the letter “A” or “Z”. Work through your entire contact list over the next couple of months!