10 May the kings of Tarshish and of distant shores
bring tribute to him.
May the kings of Sheba and Seba
present him gifts.
11 May all kings bow down to him
and all nations serve him.
In the same way the three kings from afar came to bring tribute to the Lord then (v10), one day all nations will bow down and serve him in the same manner (v11). Epiphany is not only the part of Christmas that commemorates the tributes of the Magi but it is also serves as prophecy for the second coming of the Lord when ALL nations, not just the three, from distant shores will come and bow down to him.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Lord we ask you to shield us, our families, our churches, our cities and the nations of the world from the ravages of COVID-19.