7 “Are not you Israelites
the same to me as the Cushites?”
declares the Lord.
“Did I not bring Israel up from Egypt,
the Philistines from Caphtor
and the Arameans from Kir?
God’s ways are just; He is a righteous and upright God (Deut 32:4).
In the book of Amos we see God’s character displayed, bringing judgment over nations, including Judah and Israel, a call to repentance, but also a promise of restoration.
God would judge Israel the same way He would judge other foreign nations, as He is God not only of Israel, but over all the Earth. All people will have to account for their own sins, but God’s desire is to see people coming back to Him.
If He is God over all nations, how much more should we recognize His Sovereignty over our lives!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the spiritually lost among the global community in Shanghai; pray that they will be drawn to God by the Holy Spirit