4 God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.
Chapter 2 continues with the same theme as in chapter 1 – namely the supremacy of Christ. This connection is detectable by the word ‘therefore’ in verse 1. The author uses this word to further apply the truth or doctrine as discussed in chapter 1 by way of exhortation and argument. The goal for this exhortation and argument is to validate the gospel and the message of salvation as we see in today’s verse. This validation should be an encouragement as well as an assurance to us today, knowing that what we profess and belief has in fact God’s hand in it and it’s not something new or man made (Con)
Thoughts for the day
- Where do you draw your encouragement and assurance from when things get tough?
- What does this passage tell you about God, Jesus and man?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you can share this message with?
Pray for somewhere in the world that needs God’s attention. Flick to a news app or website, and pick a news story to pray for.