The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it;
Let’s not forget who the owner of this world is; It is God. And while we are tenants in this world, we are not the owners of it. There is solace to be found in this. It means that we are the Lord’s and with that we can become the receivers of His blessing, righteousness and salvation. Those are greater than anything we can conjure up ourselves. It is something much more glorious than the blessing of man or if this world was actually ours.
There is, however, one thing that is ours. By God’s design, we own our decisions and the way we live. We can choose whether or not we will seek Him and walk into God’s blessings and righteousness. Whatever the decision, it is ours and God will honor that decision with the appropriate response. So what are you waiting for? Open up the gates of your hearts and receive the blessings and righteousness of the Lord!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Invite the Holy Spirit to be present with you in this moment and then, wait. Allow God’s peace to draw near.