7 Fill my heart with joy
when their grain and new wine abound.
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
What does it mean to be filled with the joy of the Lord? David gives us a hint in today’s verses:
– It is not about abundance of grain and new wine; in other words, it is not linked with outward material blessings.
– it’s connected with having confidence in God; a confidence that brings peace and sleep – no anxious thoughts that would keep him awake.
– In God alone we can find it; no one (or nothing) else could keep us in safety.
When was the last time you could honestly say you had joy in your heart? Are you looking for it in the wrong places?
Like David- ask, trust and rest in Him!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage
- How will you respond/apply God’s Word today?
- Whom will you share with today’s passage or takeaway?
Today, take a moment, wherever you are, to ASK God to move in your life: Share what’s on your heart, asking God to provide, protect and encourage you.