9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!
Jesus’ death and resurrection made us right with God. There is no “lacking of” anything else through the ultimate sacrifice that was done on the cross! Jesus did what none of us could do or deserved.
The second part of the verse talks not only about our justification but also of the salvation from God’s wrath.
You might have heard people say the God of the Old Testament sounded so much harsher than the one in the New Testament, but the truth is – He is still the same. A God who is compassionate and loving, at the same time holy and above all else. To think of God’s wrath should bring us to our knees and fill us with the fear of the Lord in our hearts, but also to find the assurance of His love and mercy through Jesus Christ, our advocate, seated on the right hand of God.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Invite the Holy Spirit to show you something to rejoice over. Look beyond your current circumstances to the Lord of all Creation. Remember that you are fully, unconditionally loved. Take time to rejoice in the goodness of the God who has saved you.