15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel. 16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”
Knowing Saul’s (later, Paul) reputation as one who persecuted Christ’s followers, Ananias was reluctant to follow God’s instructions.
Saul’s conversion was radical! Can you think of anyone who is far away from God, who may be even persecuting those who are Christians? Or that person you could never imagine accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior? Remeber even they can be redeemed!
Or maybe you yourself have thought that you were far away from God, struggling with guilt or shame of past experiences.
In Paul’s own words in 1 Tim 1:15
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners–of whom I am the worst.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the nation of China. Pray for China’s leaders and for all those who are in authority. May they call on God for the wisdom to lead this country