16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.
Verse 16 begins with the word ‘then’. We continue to read in verse 16 that the 11 disciples went to a mountain (the Bible doesn’t specify the name) to meet Jesus post-crucifixion. The disciples went to the mountain because in Matthew 26:32 Jesus said pre-crucifixion “But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”
In addition to Jesus words in Matthew 26:32, Jesus told Mary Magdalene and the other Mary in Matthew 28:10 the same instruction and to report it to the disciples. These two eye witness accounts, among many others, testify of Jesus bodily resurrected appearance. It testifies, that Jesus’ body wasn’t stolen as some sceptics claim. How comforting to know that Jesus truly raised from the grave. That in Jesus we now are forgiven of our sins and we should take part in telling others about this amazing gift that we’ve received.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Invite the Holy Spirit to be present as you spend a moment in silence; Give thanks for one thing that you’re grateful for right now, and use it to reflect on the goodness of God; Bring to God one thing that’s on your mind right now, and lift it before Him; Devote the remainder of your day to Jesus.