3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God.
One of the biggest misconceptions about heaven is that it will be in a far off place away from this world and its troubles. But not so. Part of God’s plan is the redemption of mankind AND creation. When it is all said and done, God will bring heaven to Earth and all peoples that believe in Jesus as Lord will dwell with him here. All of creation will join us in exalting Jesus as Lord as the world begins to be as God had originally intended it to be. God himself will be tangibly all around and we will enjoy the constant nearness of His presence here as heaven and earth are joined.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Think of another person in your life who needs God to move in their situation. Ask for God to be at work. Approach the Lord of all with boldness today, knowing that he delights in you, and those you love.