28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.
There was a somewhat contested lyric from the song “How He Loves” by John Mark McMillan that the modern church wrestled with for a bit.
It goes: “Heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss”
This lyric has a lot of meaning to it, but one that we can take away from it is that the kingdom of God has already come. It is here and moving. Though we have not seen it come to fullness, the first coming of Jesus and with it amazing spiritual acts begun ushering in the kingdom of God then and it has only been advancing ever since! This is something to be grateful for as we can even now experience glimpses of heaven and the glory to come when the kingdom of God is fully reigning. We do not have to wait until the end to begin experiencing His goodness over us. There might be awkward moments as heaven and earth collide into each other, but make let me say it this way, there has never been a bad kiss at the altar on a wedding day. Even the sloppy ones, they are all good and they are a blessed union.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.