2 After six days Jesus took Peter, James and John with him and led them up a high mountain, where they were all alone. There he was transfigured before them.
The time of Jesus’ death and resurrection was approaching. At the transfiguration of Christ, his closest disciples had a glimpse of what was about to come in Jesus’ Kingdom. What an experience and affirmation of who Jesus is in v.7 “This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!”!
The same way Jesus called his disciples aside, we need to be open to times where He calls us away from the buzz of the everyday life for an intentional time away with Him.
When was the last time you had an extended time away with Him? To set aside daily Bible reading is a great spiritual discipline, but have you ever considered a solo day, a silence retreat, a weekend away to meditate upon His Word?
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Stop and ask God to place a nation on your mind and heart. Pray for the people to be blessed by God, the church to shine brightly and for God to be present in that place.