11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
Paul continues to provide a series of exhortations concerning a believer’ personal attitudes in chapter 12. In verse 11, the main idea derives from the last clause ‘serving the Lord’ while the first two clauses explain how a believer is to serve as the Lord’s slave. The first is ‘never lacking’ in zeal’ and the second is ‘keep your spiritual fervor’’. Paul is asking believers to serve God enthusiastically and diligently at the same time regardless if we find ourselves in a joyful situation filled with hope, or in afflictions or when we have to exercise patience. May these words of Paul encourage you to continue to strive after such Christ-like attitudes regardless of the season you find yourself in.
Thoughts for the day
- Do you serve God enthusiastically and diligently at all times?
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Stop and ask God to place a nation on your mind and heart. Pray for the people to blessed by God, the church to shine brightly and for God to be present in that place.