34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.
In the Hmong culture it is tradition for the groom to bring a monetary gift (a bride price) to the family of the bride. So naturally, when it came to the day that I approached my father about wanting to marry Mai Kao, I knew of this prerequisite and was saving on my end so that I could go ask her parents for her hand in marriage. As I was preparing to get into the details of how much I had saved, my father gently put his hand on my shoulder and with a little tear of joy in his eyes said something to me I will never forget. He said, “Son, you don’t have to use your money. Since the day you were born and I knew I was going to have a son, I have been saving your entire life for this day.” Like my natural father, the Heavenly Father has prepared for us since before we were born. He is eagerly waiting for us to come to him (being on His right side) to show us all the glorious wonders of His inheritance he has in store for us.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.