“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
No matter your earthly status, we are all poor in the spiritual realm. Like so many living in systematic poverty where just being born into the wrong neighborhood nearly guarantees you a difficult life, the status of our own doing in the spiritual realm is low. This passage is not meant to differentiate the poor in spirit to the rich in spirit, it is meant to illuminate all of mankind’s condition in relation to the kingdom of heaven! It is with this knowledge that we can truly understand the mercy of God and just as amazing, His place for us.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.