The Lord has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
As I follow the news, one of the most covered events recently have been the upcoming President Election in the United States. When it comes to any election, campaigning, debates, promises and verbal attacks are not uncommon by the candidates, with the intent to win votes and discredit their opponent.
What an incredible contrast and humble reminder it is with today’s verse. It is God Himself, the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, who establishes his throne in heaven – his unmovable and stable authority, glory and power. Earthly reigns and kingdoms will pass, kings (and presidents!) will rise and fall, but God’s Kingdom will last forever.
His kingdom rules over all – good and bad, mortal and immortal, over the powerful and the powerless.
In light of His authority I am reminded of 1 Timothy 2:11-13:
11 Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him,
we will also live with him;
12 if we endure,
we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
he will also disown us;
13 if we are faithless,
he remains faithful,
for he cannot disown himself.
“If we endure, we will also reign with him.” – The God who created all things allows us to join in reigning with Him. May we put our trust in Him every day of our lives.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.