31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
God loves his children. He also enjoys to be and to work with us. However, God also loves those who do not yet consider themselves children of God. He wants them to be apart of His family and to experience his love and forgiveness.
This is God’s mission and as believers that’s our mission too – to help people know God and to make him known.
All around us we see people whom have strayed from God and or who doesn’t know Him – very much like the prodigal son. In the same way that the father of the prodigal son was waiting for his son to return, in the same way God waits for his lost children to return. It is our mission to tell those who are lost or who have strayed, about the father’s love and forgiveness and that He is waiting with open arms to accept them back into his family (Woowon).
Thoughts for the day
- Do you consider God’s mission to be your mission?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for those who are spiritually lost that they may surrender to the lordship of Jesus Christ and receive salvation in His name.