26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
These are just a few examples of what happens when God withdraws his grace from people and give them over to their sinful and shameful lusts. It also depicts how evil human beings’ thoughts and actions are when we are left to our own accord and our own way of thinking. We think what we do is good and we can justify it, but at the end as the verse mentions, we will receive the due penalty for our error when Yahweh will judge us for all we have done (Con).
Thoughts for the day
- Are their any sexual sin in your life that you need to surrender or ask God for forgiveness?
- What will you do to avoid falling into that sin again?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- What is one way you can apply this truth to your life today?
- Who can you encourage with this story/message?
Pray for the leaders of SCF; Elders, Ministry leaders, Staff, Community Group Leaders and all those who serve.