16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
You might have heard this phrase before: ‘Be careful what you pray for; you just might get it!’ Does that mean we shouldn’t pray for patience, or increased faith, or the “peace that transcends all understanding” (Philippians 4:7)? Of course not.
2020 has become a year that will not be forgotten. Some of us might feel like the worse has passed; for others everything around is still very uncertain. Today’s verse is a beautiful blessing and empowering reminder that our God is the Lord of peace Himself, able to give us peace at all times (ALL TIMES!) and in every way.
How do we know we are living with the Lord’s peace in our hearts, at all times and in every way if not put to test?!
Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties. – C.S. Lewis
John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.