8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming.
What is hidden will be revealed in due time, but we don’t have to fear because Jesus wins! We know sin is at work, but God is the one who will have the last say. However, in 1 John 3:4, we read “Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness”.
What is lawlessness then? According to biblestudytools.com, lawlessness at its root is rebellion against God, whether viewed as the condition of one’s life or as specific acts that demonstrate a determined refusal to acknowledge God”.
The imagery in this verse does not only magnifies our sinful nature, but it also highlights the victory Jesus has over sin. We have victory in Jesus Christ because of the cross.
Take some time to recognize God’s Lordship over your life and if there’s any area in your life that is not in alignment with the Word of God, repent, submit and surrender that area of your life to Christ.
Proverbs 3:6 says: ‘in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight’.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for those who are spiritually lost that they may surrender to the lordship of Jesus Christ and receive salvation in His name.