11 The following night the Lord stood near Paul and said, “Take courage! As you have testified about me in Jerusalem, so you must also testify in Rome.”
On the eve of a big night, the Lord Himself came down, stood near Paul and spoke to him encouragement. On the eve of a very big night many years earlier, the Lord did the same to Joshua and spoke similar words of strength and empowerment. God is so very faithful to His servant. The task at hand may be difficult, but rest assured He will come and give you the strength and courage to see His will through. So often God does not call the strong and courageous, He calls the vessel that can carry His strength and courage.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Stop and ask God to place a nation on your mind and heart. Pray for the people to blessed by God, the church to shine brightly and for God to be present in that place.