24 Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25 As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.”
This passage is proof that we all are made in the image of God and so His words do indeed impact us, EVEN IF we are not believers in Christ! Felix, not a believer, found the words of God to be so convicting that fear rose up in him and he had to dismiss Paul from sharing anymore of the Gospel with him. So much of the animosity towards Christianity is that the words do ring true and it is too difficult for people to bear. So they lash out in anger or dismissal of it! The Gospel is not one of convenience and is always waiting for someone to hear it no matter the difficulty of the words. The problem is people like for convenience, philosophies and ideologies to match their perception of the world.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Be still and allow the presence of Jesus to bring rest to you right now.