39 You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.
Physically, the distance between the head and heart is only about one to two feet and yet it seems like miles when it comes to translating what you know to what you believe. Knowledge though powerful can be a very dangerous thing. The very thing that brings light to your mind can cast a shadow over the dark hard walls that surround your heart. It’s only when we know and believe that we can begin truly living in Jesus. The head and the heart need each other.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
When challenges come we can so easily forget where our identity comes from. Today take time to pause and be reminded of God’s love for you.