4 For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake.
“Not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction.” Have you ever stumbled upon a bible passage or heard a sermon that just stopped you in your tracks, made you pause and then become overwhelmed by how amazing God is? God’s word has proven time and time again that it has the power to amaze us, convict us, draw us closer, reveal Jesus to us, bring us to worship, inspire us and so much more. God’s perfect word has stood the test, and in it, we too can find the power to stand the tests that come our way. It’s not simply words, it has the power of the Holy Spirit and he’s given it to us to testify and make his son, Jesus, known greatly.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray the Lord’s Prayer:
“OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME, YOUR KINGDOM COME, YOUR WILL BE DONE, ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. GIVE US TODAY OUR DAILY BREAD. AND FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS, AS WE ALSO HAVE FORGIVEN OUR DEBTORS. AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE.”