6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
There are three things that we can learn from these two verses which also serves as an encouragement for us today. First, God’s gift to us by means of His Son’s death on the cross came at the perfect timing. God is never too early, nor too late. His timing is always perfect. Second, this gift was given to us, when we were powerless or without strength. This point highlights the beauty and power in the crucifixion. Nothing that we could have done would have aided in our salvation. Not even 0.01%. Third, this gift was for the ungodly. That encompasses everyone on the planet. What an amazing gift we have in Jesus Christ.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the nation of China. Pray for China’s leaders and for all those who are in authority. May they call on God for the wisdom to lead this country.