11 Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
This verse serves as evidence of what we now have as believers in Christ and His work that has been done on the cross. In the preceding verses, Paul was explaining that God loved the world so much that as a sign of His love, He offered His own Son to take our place to pay for our sin and shame. And God gave this amazing gift to us while we were still ungodly. But now that we have, through faith, accepted this amazing gift, we can now boast in the righteous status we have received. However, this boasting is not in our own works, but in the victorious work that Christ did on the cross. For it is the work that Christ did on the cross, that we have now been reconciled, brought back from a place of exile from God to a place where we can now stand in His presence and experience Him for all eternity.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the persecuted Church, our brothers and sisters across the world who are made to suffer because they are Christian.