33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
Radical generosity was the response to amazing grace. It was voluntary and from “time to time”, it was also organized, “put at the apostle’s feet and distributed to anyone who had need”. A fund to help the poor, (6:1) those who had come to Jerusalem for Pentecost and stayed after they became Christians, (2:41) even the apostles themselves (3:6) The message from Jesus is clear, people are more important than possessions. The record of our finances tells us what we value; what is your WeChat Wallet telling you?
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Follow the ACTS acronym in prayer: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication (Asking).