39 Jesus said, “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.”
Jesus has already said at the beginning of this story (9:5), that he is in the world and he is the light of the world. After reading 9:39, we discover that Jesus is in the world to bring light and to bring judgement. The presence of light allows us to see, it’s just that we don’t always like what we see when the light is on. It is my response to what I now see of myself in the light that matters. The properties of this light allow me to see my true condition in relationship to Jesus. It’s not the final judgement but an immediate judgement which tells me whether or not Jesus knows me and now that I can see more clearly, it would be a good idea for me to approach him and make myself known. “Hello, my name is . . .”
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Follow the ACTS acronym in prayer: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication (Asking).