19 August 2019 – Acts 26:28 (NIV)
28 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?”
Sometimes we get misguided in our quest for the expansion of God’s kingdom. We try to “win” people over for God through many means: intellectual, philothranpic or spiritually. But Paul reminds us that it is not the persuasion of a person to Christ that matters, it is the witness of Christ to another that matters. While we can desire for someone to share in what we have with Christ, it is ultimately up to the working of God in that person’s life. The witness of Jesus as God and Savior to the world is our purpose, the revelation of this truth is part of the beautiful mystery between God and the person.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray for the nation of China. Pray for China’s leaders and for all those who are in authority. May they call on God for the wisdom to lead this country.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!