9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.
After speaking about the two types of persons, Paul now addresses his readers directly. He is telling his readers that because the Spirit of God is living inside of them, they can live a life pleasing to God. This means his readers are not controlled or governed by their sinful nature anymore but by the Spirit of God. Such a change from being controlled by the flesh to the Spirit is not only a once off occurrence. It’s a daily transformation. We need the help of the Spirit to guide us towards a holier life. Without the Spirit, we can not do it on our own.
Thoughts for the day
- Which area in your life right now, needs help from the Holy Spirit?
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
God who heals with pray for all medical professionals grant them strength and relief from the daily pressures and weariness. Grant them discernment in diagnosis and compassion after compassion. We make this our prayer:
“Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.” Jeremiah 32:17