The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
So the journey begins. It begins in the best place, with a revealing of Jesus. The Christians who received this were embarking on experiences that will challenge them in ways they could not possibly imagine, in other words, difficult. The clear and true picture of Jesus presented in His Word will show how Jesus is at work in a world that is “hell bent” on destroying God’s people and themselves. There are two blessings here; one for the person who “takes to heart” the message of this “revelation of Jesus” and one for the person who shares it (Ps. Dale- Senior pastor).
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
“Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always” Psalm 105:4. Where is God working in my life? Take time to identify a place, area or relationship where you can see God’s presence at work.