31 August 2020 -Isaiah 11:3-4 (NIV)
3 and he will delight in the fear of the Lord.
He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears;
4 but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
True righteousness and justice are qualities that cannot be quantified by man’s metrics of measurement; for man relies too much on its natural senses such as sight, sound and touch. But righteousness and true justice come from above; they are holy, they are supernatural and they are from God. He is the author and executor of righteousness and justice. To begin to understand this begins with the fear of the Lord. When we have true reverence and awe of the Lord we align ourselves with His holiness and only then can we begin to see the order and ways of God, how He governs and the way he had intended things to be.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.