16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Jesus has done it all for us. I hope it is as comforting a sentence to read as it was to type out. Jesus has done it all for us. He descended into Earth, lived a sinless life, crucified on the cross for our sins, defeated death by rising from the grave on the third day…and then to top it all off with a cherry, rose up to heaven to rule over all life and death! It is with this in mind, that we can approach God’s throne with confidence. Jesus experienced all the pain, suffering and humility that this world offers so that we might experience all the glory, love and exhilaration that He now experiences in the freedom of this victory. There is more than enough mercy and grace to help you in your time of need (Josh).
Thoughts for the day
- Do you feel you have to do certain things before you can approach God?
- Do you live, act and speak like a free person?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you can share this message with?
Pray for the leaders of the nations of the world. Pray for the leader of your home country by name.