24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.
The ultimate sacrifice. Eternal Redemption.
Yet we sometimes live our lives feeling like we should pay it again, that for some reason His Blood was not enough. When we struggle with shame, condemnation or a sense of failure our sin moves us away from God instead of closer to Him. The author of Hebrews provides us with a comparison between a pre-atonment life and a post-atonement life. Through Jesus’ death on the cross he atoned (paid the cost) for our sins and now through His blood we don’t have to sacrifice an offering eveytime we sin. Jesus blood paid for ALL of our sins. We don’t have to walk in condemnation or guilt anymore. Repent, ask for forgiveness and walk in the freedom that Christ bought for you and next time when you sing this song remember you are free.
Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow (Su).
Thoughts for the day
- Do you believe Jesus paid the full price for your sins?
- Do you believe there’s certain sins that is unforgivable?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you can share this message with?
Look around you right now at the people who are sitting near you or standing and pray for them.