19 For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?
I cry whenever we hold baptism at our church. I’m a 40 year old man but I can’t help it; waterworks, every time. Why? Because I love seeing people come to know Jesus as their Lord and all the riches that come with it. To know Jesus in this world and to experience the grace of God in the hardships of this life is priceless. That’s why many give their lives to serve Him in a far away country in hopes that they might reach those on the road and help them come to experience Jesus in an unexpected place. (That’s why my wife and I did!) And when we do reach these people the joy that we experience is like trying to explain a good smile or laugh… so very good but so difficult to put into words. So much so that you just have to experience it for yourselves!
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Today, take a moment, wherever you are, to PAUSE in God’s presence.Find a spot where you can stop and be quiet for a minute.