6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.
Keep your eyes on the prize. That is a popular saying that means we need to stay focused on the positive end result regardless of your present situation. Life for many in this world is not easy. It can be full of heartache, pain, misery and suffering, even if you are a ‘good’ christian. But the Apostle Paul assures us of our place at the table with Christ when all is said and done. And the icing on the cake? That God has not forgotten us now in our present sufferings. We get to experience his grace and kindness in an astounding way. In fact, we come to the realization of His grace and how we are always surrounded by it through our present sufferings. It is only through these sufferings that we begin to see the incomparable riches of his grace.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Invite the Holy Spirit to show you something to rejoice over. Look beyond your current circumstances to the Lord of all Creation. Remember that you are fully, unconditionally loved. Take time to rejoice in the goodness of the God who has saved you.