Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life,
but whoever ignores correction leads others astray
Mankind was created to be in community. The first relationship on earth was between God and Adam upon creation. Shortly thereafter, God created Eve and between God, man and woman, the first community on earth was created. As we all know well, Adam and Eve were given a few specific laws to live by. In doing so, they could live eternal lives with God in the Garden. It was only when Adam and Eve sinned and chose not to heed the discipline of God (by eating the fruit and then attempting to hide their deception) that we were introduced to sin and death. From the very beginning God was showing mankind the way to life. But since the beginning of the earth, man has continually ignored it. That the Lord did not give up and then made a way for us despite our insubordination is truly undeserved grace. Through the blood of Jesus, God showed us that even after all we’d done, he still desired community with us and was willing to pay the price to make it happen.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Community. It’s easy for us to feel isolated, effectively quarantined. Pray that people will still be able to reach out and support one another and feel supported.