30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31 He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!
This passage documents the apostle Paul’s bold sharing of the gospel while he was under house arrest. The contrast between earthy and heavenly kingdoms could not be more obvious here. Paul – who was imprisoned and persecuted by the earthly political system he was living under – preached of a different kind of kingdom, one that is not of this world and yet can be experienced even as we remain on earth. God’s kingdom is established not by might, money or manmade institutions, but by freedom, love and joy. Paul himself was living with God’s kingdom qualities in his heart even as he was subjugated by the Roman government.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.