As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.
It is unfortunate when some people want to look at people with physical problems, like blindness, and assume they have this condition because they did something wrong. Just as some people think that if a Christian is sick, it is somehow their fault because of a lack of faith. Jesus deals with this straight away, this man’s condition is not because of something he did or didn’t do. The restoration of sight which this man will experience on the same day he encounters Jesus, establishes yet again that the kingdom of God has come and that God is good. Whatever our circumstances, God is always good.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28. Be still and allow the presence of Jesus to bring you rest right now.