41 May your unfailing love come to me, Lord,
your salvation, according to your promise;
Today’s verse focuses on the theme of salvation through God’s Word. When one reads verses 41-48 the psalmist called on God to deliver him through His love and His Word (v. 41). It is based on this assurance of deliverance that the psalmist now has an answer for when his enemy would taunt him (v. 42). In verses 43-46 the psalmist then declares through means of prayer that the Word would continue to be his pattern of life since he experienced the deliverance first hand (vv. 43–46). Finally, the psalmist responds to God by way of thanking God for His help that he will always delight and love God’s commands (vv. 47–48).
May these couple of verses encourage us, to see through living a lifestyle dedicated to God’s Word, it brings about not only deliverance to us in our time of need, but that it would also spur us on to make it part of our daily lifestyle. However, remember deliverance does not necessarily equate to the eradication of our troubles, but it can also mean (and in most cases) 1) God giving us strength, wisdom and insight during the situation to experience deliverance and 2) God never leaves us nor forsake us during our temptations or trying times. By having a Bible centred lifestyle makes it so much easier to have an answer for the enemy.
Thoughts for the day
- Will you only delight in the Lord’s commands as long as He delivers you from your enemy?
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Lord we ask you to shield us, our families, our churches, our cities and the nations of the world from the ravages of COVID-19.