32 But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
Today’s verse falls within the narrative of the golden calf and Isreal’s lack of faith towards God.
God told Moses to climb up Mount Sinai, where he would reveal the ten commands to the nation of Israel. However, after some time lapsed, and Moses didn’t come down, the Israelites decided to take matters into their own hands. They decided to make a golden calf to worship instead of God. We read in verse 7 of chapter 32 how God instructs Moses to go down to Israel because they became corrupt and that God will burn His anger against them and destroy Israel. It’s then that we see as today’s verse reflects how Moses responds to God.
Similarly, when things don’t go as planned, do we continue to trust in God or do we take matters in our own hands? Our situation might not be as severe as Israel’s where we worship an idol instead of God but do our actions reveal our faith in God or the opposite?
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Pray with faith. Ask God to give you faith and trust as you pray into the situation. Pray with confidence that God is at work.