God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
The heading for the pericope for today’s verse is titled ‘Thanksgiving’ (according to the NIV). It might at first seem ironic, that the theme within this pericope has ‘thanksgiving’ written all over it, especially for a church that is so rife with problems. Paul understood quite well that if the only resources had been his own, the prospects of reforming a group like the Corinthians would have been dim indeed. But God was at work and that, for Paul, was a matter of thanksgiving. The reason why Paul could be thankful for God being at work is because of God’s faithfulness, who has called the Corinthian believers (even with their self-exaltation issues) into a fellowship with Jesus Christ. Because it was God’s work, Paul had no question about the outcome and because the Corinthian believers were justified by God’s grace, they would stand before Him blameless
May this be of encouragement to you too, regardless of your current struggles. Take heart it’s because of God’s faithfulness who has called you into fellowship with Jesus, that you can take comfort knowing God is at work in your life.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
God, You hear. Please let the displaced people of the world know that they are heard. And help us to hear them.