10 His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11 according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.
As a painting displays the skill of a painter or a beautiful building displays the skill of an architect, as a song reveals the craft of a musician and composer, the church displays and reveals the wisdom of God. It is in His church that even the angels and the supernatural realms are able to see God’s plan unfold as they too do not know what the future brings, only God does. (No wonder the angels sang with joy as they witnessed the King be born. They were just as surprised as the shepherds and wisemen!) We so often want to get to the end of the story where we are all with God in eternity, however, let us be reminded of the importance of our time here and now. It is through us, His people, His Son Jesus and the church, that the mystery of God unfolds into the wisdom of God.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
Invite the Holy Spirit to still you, fill you, and restore you. “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him”.