18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
This verse concludes a previous couple of verses (vv.13-17) where Paul explained what happens to the believers who have died. Paul stated in verses 13-17 that Christians who have died will be resurrected to join the living saints with the Lord Jesus when He comes, that they will precede those who are alive in that day, that those who are alive will be united with them, and that they will all be with the Lord forever, give abundant reasons for rejoicing. Not only do Christians not grieve like unbelievers, but followers of Christ can look forward eagerly to that great day because this is the great hope of the church, to see the Lord and be united with Him forever.
Thoughts for the day
- What does this passage tell you about God or Jesus?
- What does this passage tell you about humanity?
- What do you feel God is telling you through this passage?
- How can you apply this message in an area of your life that needs transformation?
- Is there anyone you think should hear or will benefit from this message? Go and tell them.
When challenges come we can so easily forget where our identity comes from. Today take time to pause and be reminded of God’s love for you.